Focus allows you to configure up to 16 different Gratuities. This article will demonstrate how to setup a new Gratuity using Focus Office.
- Gratuities - Allows the user to configure Gratuities.
Related Job Rights:
Gratuity - Remove - Allows the user to remove a Gratuity.
- Gratuity - Select - Allows the user to apply a Gratuity.
Step 1: Log into Focus Office
See How to Log In to Focus Office for details.
Step 2-5: Navigate to Order Entry > Gratuities
- Choose a store from the store drop down menu (any store could be selected if Gratuities are the same across all sites).
- Select an empty Gratuity slot
Step 6: Enter a unique name (up to 15 characters) & select the appropriate options
- Variable Rate - The server will be prompted to enter the Rate.
- Flat Amount - The Rate is treated as a flat dollar amount for the Gratuity computation.
- Rate - A rate (%) between 0.00 and 100.00 or a flat dollar amount for the Gratuity.
- Taxes - The taxes applied to the Gratuity.
- Image File Name - An image that represents the Gratuity.
Example 1: Variable Gratuity
Example 2: Percentage Gratuity
Example 3: Flat Gratuity
How to Associate an Image:
- Choose Click to Select from the Update Gratuity window
- Check mark the desired image & click Select
- To find an image, Search the store's local images directory or upload an image by browsing to the image on your PC. Once an image is uploaded, you can then search for it.
Step 7: Add to Collection
- Select New Collection or Existing Collection if a collection has already been created.
- If a New Collection is selected, add a Name and description.
- Toggle on Include Images if an image has been uploaded from your PC
Step 8: Publish your Collection
- For more information on publishing a collection, visit Focus Office: Publishing a Collection
Once a Gratuity in configured, it can be added to a Canvas Ribbon or Item Canvas as a part of a Package. Read Focus Office: Creating a Package to learn how to build a Package. Follow the steps in Focus Office: Add/Remove Commands to add that Package to a Command Ribbon or Item Canvas.
Example Gratuity Package:
For any questions/issues regarding setting up a Gratuity through Focus Office, please contact our support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.