Order Types, such as Dine In, Take Out, and Delivery, can be an integral part of day-to-day operations. Focus allows you to create up to 24 different Order Types, with varying options such as Order Type Charges and Order Type Charge Taxes. These Order Types can be included on kitchen tickets and kitchen video monitors to inform staff how to package and deliver the associated items to guests. This article will demonstrate how to add a new Order Type through Focus Office.
- Order Types - Allows the user to configure Order Types.
Related Job Rights:
- Order Type - Prompt - (NE) Prompts the user for an Order Type before placing the order.
- Order Type - Require - (NE) Requires the user to select an Order Type.
- Order Type - Select - Allows the user to change the Order Type of a check.
Note: A non-extendable (NE) Job Right only considers the Job associated with the employee’s clock in to determine whether an employee is allowed access to the related function.
Step 1: Log into Focus Office
See How to Log In to Focus Office for details.
Step 2-5: Navigate to Order Entry > Order Types
- Choose a store from the store drop down menu (any store could be selected if Order Types are the same across all sites).
- Select an empty Order Type slot
Step 6: Enter a unique name (up to 15 characters) & select the appropriate options
The Customer Tab is used to customize the Edit Customers Window for Delivery and Pickup Orders.
Order Type Options:
- Image - An image that represents the Order Type.
- Check Header Color - The Check Header Color determines the color that is displayed on the On-Screen Check Header for orders with this Order Type. Note: An image may be displayed on the On-Screen Check Header by creating a file named ordertypeX.bmp where "X" is the number of the Order Type.
- None - No surcharge is added to checks with this Order Type.
- Check % - A surcharge percentage based on the subtotal value is applied to checks with this Order Type.
- Rate - A percentage between 0.00 and 500.00.
- Check $ Amount - A surcharge dollar ($) amount is added to checks with this Order Type.
- Rate - The surcharge dollar amount that is added to the check subtotal.
- Item % - A surcharge percentage is applied to eligible Items on checks with this Order Type.
- Rate - A percentage between 0.00 and 500.00.
- Menu Items to Charge - The Menu Item Filter that includes the Menu Items that the Item % is applied. If a Menu Item Filter is not selected then the surcharge is added to all the items on the check.
- Item $ Amount - A surcharge dollar ($) amount is added to eligible Items on checks with this Order Type.
- Rate - The surcharge dollar amount that is added to each eligible item.
- Menu Items to Charge - The Menu Item Filter that includes the Menu Items that the Item $ Amount. If a Menu Item Filter is not selected then the surcharge is added to all the items on the check.
- Tipped - The sales of the Order Type are included in the Tipped Sales total for IRS calculations if selected. Tipped Sales appear on the Declare Cash Tips Window, Attendance Report, Payroll Report and the Activity Report (Gratuity Section).
- Display Charge at Bottom of Check - The surcharge is printed at the bottom of the check. This option must is required if the Computation Method is Check % or Check $ Amount.
- Delivery Pending - The Check is placed in the Delivery Pending state automatically. A check in the Delivery Pending state automatically appear on the Dispatch Window and the Check Window if the user has the Job Rights 'Customer - Dispatch' and 'Customer - Driver' respectively. Checks in the Delivery Pending state are highlighted in yellow on the Check Window.
- None - Does not prompt for the Tab Name.
- Name - Prompts for the Tab Name. Note: Must have the Job Right "Name - Enter'.
- Order Type Charge Taxes - The Taxes that are applicable to the surcharge on checks with this Order Type.
- Search Method - The default Search Method for the Customer Search Window
- Phone Number
- Company Name
- Last Name
- Account Number
- Begins With - Defaults the user input section to Begins With.
- Contains - Defaults the user input section to Contains.
- Exact Only - Defaults the user input section to Exact Only.
- New Customer Fields - The fields on the New Customer Window can be configured to be displayed, required and tabbed. The options used to determine these settings are Do Not Display, Display / No Tab, Display / Tab, Required / No Tab, Required / Tab. The fields are: Phone #, Picture, Last Name, Address 2, State, Zone, Comments, Bad Check, VIP, Fax #, Charge Limit, Company Name, Require Approval, Apartment, Account #, First Name, Address, City, Zip Code, Directions, Do Not Deliver, Allow Charge, Phone #2, Birth Date, E-mail Address, Returned Mail and Anniversary Date.
- Do Not Display - Field won't be visible in Customer Search Window.
- Display / No Tab - Displays optional fields that are rarely entered. (i.e. Comments).
- Display / Tab - Displays optional fields that are often entered (i.e., Phone #2).
- Required / No Tab - Displays required fields that are rarely entered (i.e., City, State and Zip Code are configured based on the Phone Prefix).
- Required /Tab - Displays required fields that are often entered (i.e., Address).
Step 7: Add to Collection
- Select New Collection or Existing Collection if a collection has already been created.
- If a New Collection is selected, add a Name and description.
- Toggle on Include Images if an image has been uploaded from your PC
Step 8: Publish your Collection
- For more information on publishing a collection, visit Focus Office: Publishing a Collection
For any questions/issues regarding setting up an Order Type through Focus Office, please contact our support staff at email@example.com.