Focus allows you to configure up to 35 unique Payments, which is particularly useful given the rise in the popularity of 3rd party deliver services. You can choose from a variety of payment types, including Cash, Check, Credit Card, Account, Gift Certificate, Local Account, & Employee Meal. This article will demonstrate how to setup a new Payments using Focus Office.
- Payments - Allows the user to configure Payments.
Step 1: Log into Focus Office
See How to Log In to Focus Office for details.
Step 2-5: Navigate to Order Entry > Payments
- Choose a store from the store drop down menu (any store could be selected if Payments are the same across all sites).
- Select an empty Payment slot
Step 6: Enter a unique name (up to 15 characters) & select the appropriate options
It can be helpful to select and reference existing Payments to learn what option to choose alongside the different Payment types. Always consider whether you want to pop open the cash drawer or require manager approval to use a payment.
Every check started in Focus will require a payment to complete the transaction. In cases where you are not taking a direct payment via cash, credit, gift, or check, you may need to use a placeholder Account Payment to represent funds to be received in the future. The Account Payment type is not tied to a particular House Account. Use Local Account when charging funds to a House Account. Use Employee Meals when allowing employees to use Payroll deduction to cover their purchases.
Example 3rd Party Payment Setup:
- Over-Tender Equals Tip
- Allow Over Tender
- Print Check When Closed
Payment Types & Options Explained:
- Image File Name- An image that represents the Payment.
- Tender Even - The amount of the cash tender is set to the balance due on the check.
- Next Highest - Sets the tender amount to the Balance Due, rounded up using the Cash Options Amount field. For example, if the Cash Options Amount field is $1.00 and the Balance Due is $4.50 then the amount of the tender would be $5.00. If the Cash Options Amount field is $10 and the Balance Due is $12.50 then the amount of the tender would be $20.00.
- Amount - The denomination of fixed amount cash tendered and/or the next highest denomination of cash. Amount should be left blank for tender even. See Tender even.
- Check - The payment amount is received as a Check.
- Credit Card
- Amex - An American Express credit card Payment.
- Visa - A Visa credit card Payment.
- MasterCard - A MasterCard credit card Payment.
- Discover - A Discover credit card Payment.
- Carte Blanche - A Carte Blanche credit card Payment.
- Diner's Club - A Diners Club credit card Payment.
- Other - A credit card Payment that is not listed above. The account number range for “Other” cards cannot be verified during the payment process.
- Tip Fee % - The percentage used to calculate a fee on credit card tips that must be paid to the house. The employee accountable for the Payment is responsible for the fee.
- Account - An Account Payment, such as a house charge, 3rd party charge, or a guest’s room account.
- Gift Certificate -A Gift Certificate or Gift Card Payment.
- Amount - The amount of the gift certificate that is redeemed. This option is used to redeem fixed amount paper gift certificates that allow over-tender. This option is also used for redemption of fixed amount tenders such as tokens.
- Local Account - Allows you to charge a transaction to a Local Account.
- Employee Meal - Allows employee's to charge their meals. Employee Meal totals will display next to the employee's name on the Payroll Report for eventual Payroll deduction.
- Open Cash Drawer - The cash drawer is opened when media is received.
- Require Approval - Manager approval is required for the Payment.
- Tip Required - A Tip is required for the Payment. A user can be prevented from clocking out by the Job Right ‘Clock Out with Missing Tips’.
- Over-Tender Equals Tip - Over-Tender Equals Tip for the Payment in Order Entry. This option may be appropriate for check, credit card or account Payment types.
- Allow Over-Tender - Over-Tender is allowed for the named Payment.
- Verify - Verification is required for the Payment.
- Print Check When Closed - Prints the guest check after close if the Job Right ‘Print Check when Closed (Always)’ is on.
- Alphanumeric Input - Alphanumeric Input is required for the Payment.
- Allow Paid In/Gift Card - The Payment can be used for a Paid In.
- Prompt for Folio - The Payment is for a PMS that requires a folio number or name.
- Post - The Payment will post to the PMS.
- Edit Tips Open Drawer - The Payment opens the cash drawer when editing tips.
- Field Options
- Display Tip - The Tip field is displayed for the Payment.
- Require Account - An account number must be entered for the Payment.
- Require Expiration Date - An Expiration Date is required for the Payment.
- Require Check Number - A Check Number is required for the Payment.
- Require Driver's License # - A Drivers License Number is required for the Payment.
- Require Checking Account # - A Checking Account Number is required for the Payment.
- Require ABA Routing - An ABA routing is required for the Payment.
- Require Date of Birth - A Birth Date is required for the Payment.
- Require State - A State name is required for the Payment.
- Require Gift Certificate # - A Gift Certificate number is required for the Payment.
- Voucher Options
- # of Vouchers - The number of Vouchers to be printed for the Payment.
- Printer - The Printer where the voucher for the named Payment will be printed.
- PMS Options
- Account - The PMS account that the Payment is posted.
- Payment # - The PMS Payment number.
- Currency - List of pre-configured Currencies to choose from. See Focus Office: Currency Setup if the Currency needed isn't available.
How to Associate an Image:
- Choose Click to Select from the Update Payment window
- Check mark the desired image & click Select to assign it to the Payment
- To find an image, Search the store's local images directory or upload an image by browsing to the image on your PC. Once an image is uploaded, you can then search for it.
Step 7: Add to Collection
- Select New Collection or Existing Collection if a collection has already been created.
- If a New Collection is selected, add a Name and description.
- Toggle on Include Images if an image has been uploaded from your PC
Step 8: Publish your Collection
- For more information on publishing a collection, visit Focus Office: Publishing a Collection
For any questions/issues regarding setting up a Payment through Focus Office, please contact our support staff at email@example.com.