Focus allows you to configure up to 16 Gratuities that you can elect to manually or automatically apply. Automatic Gratuities are triggered based on Location, the number of guests in a party, and the Menu Items on the Check. For example, Focus can be configured to automatically apply a 15% Gratuity to any check started in the Server location with more than 6 guests. Adding a Gratuity filter will further define which items added to that check will incur the 15% Gratuity. This article will demonstrate how to setup a Gratuity using Focus Local.
- Gratuities - Allows the user to configure Gratuities.
Related Job Rights:
Gratuity - Remove - Allows the user to remove a Gratuity.
- Gratuity - Select - Allows the user to apply a Gratuity.
- Checks - Prompt for Guests - Prompts the user to enter the number of guests. Automatic Gratuities will be triggered by the number of guests input by the user.
From an Order Entry Station: Gratuity Setup
Step 1: Select the Wrench icon from the login screen
Step 2: Choose the Setup option
Step 3: Enter your access code (fingerprint or manager card option available)
Step 4: Path to Order Entry > Gratuities
Step 5: Enter a unique name (up to 15 characters) & select the appropriate options for each Gratuity
- Variable Rate - The server will be prompted to enter the Rate.
- Flat Amount - The Rate is treated as a flat dollar amount for the Gratuity computation.
- Rate - A rate (%) between 0.00 and 100.00 or a flat dollar amount for the Gratuity.
- Taxes - The taxes applied to the Gratuity.
- Image File Name - An image that represents the Gratuity.
Step 6: Save & Close
Configuring an Automatic Gratuity
Step 1: Navigate to Locations > Locations
Step 2: For each Location using an Automatic Gratuity, fill in the relevant Guest Options
- Default # of - The default number of guests for the Location. Note: The number of guests should be set to zero if the Increment Guests option is selected.
- Verify if More Than - The user will be prompted to verify the number of guests if greater than the value in this field.
- Automatic Gratuity - The Gratuity to be applied automatically for the Location.
- If More Than - The Automatic Gratuity will be applied if the number of guests is greater than the value in this field.
- Menu Items to Charge Gratuity - The Gratuity is applied to the Menu Items in the selected Menu Item Filter. The Gratuity is calculated for all items if a Menu Item Filter is not selected.
Step 3: Save & Close
Configuring a Manual Gratuity
Step 1: Navigate to Order Entry > Packages
Step 2: Find an unused Package slot and build a Gratuity Package
- Name the Package
- Add the Gratuity Command
- Choose a pre-configured Gratuity in the Gratuity Options section
- All Seats - Allows the user to apply or remove a Gratuity to/from all seats.
- Remove- Allows the user to remove a Gratuity.
Step 3: Save & Close the Packages window
Step 4: Add the Gratuity Package to Command Ribbons & Item Canvases as needed
See Focus Local: Add/Remove Commands to learn how to add a Command or Package to a Command Ribbon or Item Canvas.
For any questions/issues regarding Gratuity setup through Focus Local, please contact our support staff at email@example.com.