Do you need to make some edits to your employee roster? We've got you covered with this step by step guide to editing an employee using Focus local.
Make sure that you don't have any job viewing restrictions or job rights limitations preventing you from having the permissions you will need to edit the various employee setup fields.
- 'Edit Employees'
- 'View Employees'
- 'View Access Code'
- 'View Jobs'
- 'View Pay'
- 'View Employment Status'
- 'View Skills'
Optional Job Rights:
- 'Add Employees' - If the user does not have this Job Right the Add button is grayed.
If the user is only able to view specific jobs then only employees that have one of those Jobs appear in the active employee's list.
To identify which other jobs are accessible to a particular job, navigate to Employees > Jobs > Mobile Options. All check marked jobs in the Accessible Jobs window will be visible to an employee with the job selected on the left.
Actions to avoid
- Never change an employee's job while they are clocked in.
- Wait until payroll is over to terminate employees. Terminated employees will not appear on payroll or in the time cards window.
- Employee pay rates should not be changed while employees are clocked in. Pay rate changes will only apply to future time records.
- Don't delete employees. Change their status (see Focus Local: Updating an Employee's Status) to Inactive or Terminated to clear them from the active employee roster. This way they can always be brought back if a mistake has been made or they are eligible for re-hire.
Editing Employees from the Front of House
Step 1: Select the Wrench icon from the login screen
Step 2: Select the Employees option
NOTE: You can always access Focus's Setup/Office Software from the front of house by clicking the Wrench icon > Selecting Setup > Entering your Access Code (fingerprint or manager card).
Step 3: Enter you access code (fingerprint or manager card if applicable).
Step 4: Select the name(s) of the employee(s) to be edited
Step 5: Make necessary changes
- Cancel will undo changes you have made (before saving or clicking on a different employee).
- Find allows you to filter employees by chosen search parameters. Since inactive and terminated employees are not available in the active employee list, using find and searching by status is the easiest way to pull them up and make them active again.
Step 6: Save & Close to exit back to the login screen
Editing Employees from a Back Office
Step 1: Log into the Focus Office Software with your access code
Job Right Required: 'Office Software'
Step 2: Click the Employees icon or select Employees > Employees from the drop down menu
Step 3: Select the name(s) of the employee(s) to be edited
Step 4: Make necessary changes
Step 5: Press Save & Close to exit back to the office dashboard
For any questions/issues regarding editing employees with Focus local, please contact our support staff at email@example.com.