Did you know that Focus can help you manage overtime costs with an overtime hours warning limit? With some simple setup, any employee who's hours exceed the overtime hours threshold will need manager approval to clock in. Setting overtime rules by job will also provide detailed employee overtime data on the Payroll Report (example below), helping your accounting team properly adhere to local labor laws. This article will demonstrate how to fine tune your overtime settings using Focus Office.
- 'Jobs' - Allows a user to configure jobs. Necessary to complete the overtime setup.
Optional Job Rights (use with the overtime warning hours option):
- 'Overtime Must be Approved' - Requires clock in approval for employees that have exceeded the overtime hours warning limit. Typically assigned to team members and lower level management.
- 'Approve Clocks' - Allows the user to clock in/out any employee. The user can approve unscheduled clock ins and clock outs. Your management team will need this permission to approve overtime.
Log into Focus Office
See How to Log In to Focus Office for details.
Go to Employees >Jobs
- Select the job you would like to edit i.e. "Cashier"
- Select the Timekeeping tab
- Enter the overtime rules defined by local labor laws in the overtime options section
- Enter an overtime warning threshold in OT Warning Hours field & turn on 'Overtime Must be Approved' job right to enforce manager approval of overtime at clock in.
REMINDER: Managers will need the 'approve clocks' job right turned on to approve overtime.
Daily - The daily overtime multiplier rate, up to 999.99, for each Job. Example, if the daily overtime rate is time plus one half, 1.50 should be entered.
Double - The double overtime multiplier rate, up to 999.99, for each Job. Example, if the double overtime rate is time plus one, 2.00 should be entered.
Weekly- The weekly overtime multiplier rate, up to 999.99, for each Job. Example, if the weekly overtime rate is double that of the standard hourly rate, 2.00 should be entered.
Warning Hours - The user must receive approval to clock in if the 'Overtime Must be Approved’ Job Right is turned on and the number of hours the employee has worked during the current pay period week exceeds Overtime Warning Hours.
Consecutive Day OT - Turn this option on if the employee’s hours are eligible for Consecutive Day Overtime.
Add to Collection
- Select New Collection or Existing Collection if a collection has already been created.
- If a New Collection is selected, add a Name and description.
Publish your Collection
- For more information on publishing a collection, visit Focus Office: Publishing a Collection
For any questions/issues regarding overtime setup through Focus Office, please contact our support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.