Blackboards are a great way to deliver messages to your staff. You can display Blackboard images on on the login screen of any order entry station. This article will teach you how to change the Blackboard image on display using Focus Office.
The file types that are displayed are .txt (Text files), .rtf (Rich text files), .jpg (Jpeg files) and .bmp (Bitmap files). Note: The Blackboard dimension is 530 pixels wide by 580 pixels high when using a resolution of 1024x768.
- Configure Blackboards
- Edit Blackboards
Step 1: Log into Focus Office
See How to Log In to Focus Office for details.
Step 2-5: Navigate to Order Entry > Blackboards
- Choose a store from the store drop down menu (any store could be selected if Blackboards are the same across all sites)
- Select the existing Blackboard slot of the image you wish to change
- Select a blank slot if you wish to add a new image/file to the existing rotation. Images will not display unless set to Active
Step 6: Rename the Blackboard if needed, add the desired image/file, & adjust the active dates as needed
Adding an Image/File:
- Click the existing image in the File Name field
- Check mark the desired new image/file & click Select.
- To find an image/file, Search the store's local images directory. You may need to first upload an image/file by browsing to the image/file on your PC. Once your selection is uploaded, you can then search for it.
You can adjust the # of Seconds the image displays and the Display Level if desired. Each station can be configured (locally) to display images up to a level from 1-10. If a station is configured to display images from Level 1-3, than a Blackboard image at Display Level 4 will not display on that station.
Step 7: Add to Collection
- Select New Collection or Existing Collection if a collection has already been created
- If a New Collection is selected, add a Name and description
- Toggle on Include Images to download uploaded images/files to the local directory
Step 8: Publish your Collection
- For more information on publishing a collection, visit Focus Office: Publishing a Collection
For any questions/issues regarding changing Blackboard images through Focus Office, please contact our support staff at email@example.com.