When a team member has no clock in or clock out records for a date or multiple dates worked, their time card details can be entered manually. This article will demonstrate how to add a time card through Focus Local.
If the user is only able to view specific Jobs then only employees who have one of those Jobs will appear in the list. Terminated employees do not appear in the list. Path to Employees > Jobs > Mobile Options tab to view the accessible jobs for each job configured.
- Edit Time Cards - Allows the user to edit Time Cards.
Related Job Rights:
- Restrict Time Card Edit to Current Date - The user is only allowed to edit the current day Time Cards.
- View Time Card - Allows the user to view their Time Card.
Approve Clocks - Allows the user to clock in/out any employee. The user can approve unscheduled clock ins and clock outs.
From an Order Entry Station
Step 1: Select the Wrench icon from the login screen
Step 2: Choose the Time Cards option
Step 3: Enter your access code (fingerprint or manager card option available)
Step 4: Confirm that the correct dates are displaying at the top (current payroll period by default)
- Selecting from will automatically input the previous payroll date range.
- Selecting to will advance back to the current payroll period.
- Use the calendar icons to change the from and to dates independently.
Step 5: Select an employee & tap Add
Step 6: Enter the time record details for the selected employee. Select Add before each new record.
- A complete time record will include a Date In, Date Out, Time In & Time out at minimum.
- Enter the Break On & Break Off time for any breaks taken.
- If an employee has multiple jobs, make sure the correct Job is selected. The job and revenue center fields will default to the primary job and revenue center unless adjusted.
- In a server/bartender environment, you may wish to make entries in the Sales Adjust, Charge Tip Adjust, Declared Tips, & Advance fields.
- You can clock an employee in by entering just a Date In & Time In.
- You can clock an employee out by entering a Date Out & Time Out (provided they had clocked in previously).
Step 7: Once all necessary time records have been added to the time card, Save & move on to the next employee or Tap X to close
A time card is started when the first time card record of a pay period is added. It is complete when all dates worked during a payroll cycle have accurate and complete time card records.
Navigating to Time Cards from the Back of House
Step 1: Log in with your access code
Step 2: Select the Time Cards icon or path to Employees > Time Cards
For any questions/issues regarding adding a time card through Focus Local, please contact our support staff at email@example.com.