Focus makes it easy to set up a Payment that will allow you to accept foreign Currency without any mental math. As you can see in the screenshot below, the British Pounds Payment is converting the balance due from US dollars to British Pounds with just the click of a button. Before setting up the Payment, you must first set up the Currency to be chosen during the Payment setup. This article will demonstrate how to setup a Currency through Focus Office. To learn how to setup a Payment, see Focus Office: Payment Setup.
Step 1: Log into Focus Office
See How to Log In to Focus Office for details.
Step 2-5: Navigate to Order Entry > Currencies
- Choose a store from the store drop down menu (any store could be selected if Currencies are the same across all sites).
- Select an empty Currency slot
Step 6: Enter the Currency details
- Name - Recognizable name for the currency.
- Currency Symbol - used to denote that a number is a monetary value, such as the dollar sign "$" or the Pound sign "£".
- Decimal Symbol - Decimal point "0.1" or decimal comma "0,1".
- Exchange Rate- The exchange rate used to convert 1 US dollar to the Currency being set up.
Step 7: Add to Collection
- Select New Collection or Existing Collection if a collection has already been created.
- If a New Collection is selected, add a Name and description.
Step 8: Publish your Collection
- For more information on publishing a collection, visit Focus Office: Publishing a Collection
For any questions/issues regarding setting up a Currency through Focus Office, please contact our support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.