Focus allows you to define break options by job. Employees, assigned to jobs with the 'Take Breaks' job right enabled, will have access to the on break/off break option when clocking in and out. This article will demonstrate how to set up paid, unpaid, and/or required breaks using the break options available.
- Take Breaks - Enable for jobs using the break options e.g., Server, cashier
- Approve Clocks - Enable for jobs allowed to approve early clock in from required breaks e.g., Manager, Team Lead
Step 1: Log into Focus Office
See How to Log In to Focus Office for details.
Step 2-5: Navigate to Employees > Jobs
- Select the job you would like to edit e.g., "Cashier"
- Select the Timekeeping tab
Step 6: Fill in the break options section as desired
- A portion of each break can be paid, unpaid, and/or required
- Break 1 and 2 will trigger sequentially when the break on/off button is engaged.
Paid Break - Enter the number of minutes that a break is paid (up to 999) in the Dock Pay After field. Example, if an employee is on break for 30 minutes and the Dock Pay option is set to 15 minutes, then only the first 15 minutes of the break is paid.
Unpaid Break - Enter 0 in the Dock Pay After field to make the break unpaid. Any minutes spent off the clock will be unpaid.
Required Break - Enter the number of minutes (up to 999) an employee is required to stay on break in the required break field. If you only want the required break to kick in after a certain amount of time off the clock, that amount of time can be defined using the after field.
Break 1 Example: Employee will be required to stay on a 30 minute, unpaid break unless given manager approval to return early.
Break 2 Example: Employee will be paid for the first 10 minutes off the clock. Any time spent off the clock beyond 10 minutes will be unpaid. The break is not required and an employee can return early without manager approval.
Step 7: Add to Collection
- Select New Collection or Existing Collection if a collection has already been created.
- If a New Collection is selected, add a Name and description.
Step 8: Publish your Collection
- For more information on publishing a collection, visit Focus Office: Publishing a Collection
For any questions/issues regarding break option setup through Focus Office, please contact our support staff at email@example.com.