1.) Start by navigating to: https://office.focuspos.com/login
Enter in the credentials given to you (It may prompt you to create new password if this is your first time signing in)
2.) Using the icons on the left side of the screen, select the one labeled "Menu". Then select Menu Items from the next section (if you have multiple stores, be sure to select the correct one from the drop down menu)
3.) In the top right of the screen, select "+ Add MenuItem". This will open up a new tab on the right of the screen where you can enter in the details for the newly created item.
Below will have a short description for the commonly used fields:
- Menu Name - how the name will look on the POS
- Check Name - how the item will show on the customer's itemized receipt
- Remote Name - affects how the item will print to back of house
- ID & Inventory ID - these will control how the item appears when running certain reports in Focus
- Report Group - what section in reports this item will appear under
- Printer Group - which group of printers the item will send to once rang in
- Taxes - select the appropriate tax option
- Sort - consists of two letters, A-Z, and will affect how the item sorts on the POS screen (i.e. AB will appear above an item with a sort key of AC)
- Price Level - used to prompt the server with multiple price points (i.e. glass of wine vs. bottle of wine)
- Price Options - This section contains 6 different prices that can be used with a Price Level, OR used to set varying prices for different days of the week by utilizing the Price Time column. The system will default to using the first price in the top row.
- Modifier Options - If there are any modifier canvases that the item will have, you can configure those here. Every modifier canvas must have a maximum set. Be sure to set a minimum if the modifier canvas requires an option to be selected. Set Mod Units to 1. If you are using auto-canvases, select where this item will appear in that section
- Print Options - This section will show additional print options that can be turned on/off for the menu item. Kitchen Comment will prompt employees to enter in additional notes for the kitchen, Follow Item should be turned on, this will ensure the item appears next to any items it may be modifying on the kitchen ticket. Be sure to give the item a Remote Printer Format as well as a Guest Check Format
All items require at least the name, printer group, and report group sections to be completed
4.) Once all of the necessary information has been filled out, press "Add to Collection". This will pop up a window that has two options: New Collection and Existing Collection.
5.) After creating a new collection or adding the item to an existing one, click Save.
6.) Navigate to the Collections section and click on the collection of items you would like to upload to the POS. Once selected, press Publish in the bottom right corner and choose when you would like the changes to be made as well as select the stores you would like to add these to.
Congratulations! You have successfully added in a brand new menu item using the online website!